ABOUT TICK TOX
What is it?
Tick Tox® is a new Australian device that is designed to instantaneously kill ticks by snap freezing. It kills ticks on people and pets. We have designed Tick Tox® to fit with outdoor life so it is easily carried in a pocket, purse or backpack. One can of Tick Tox® will kill more than 40 ticks. And it kills leeches too!
Steps to using Tick Tox®
- Locate tick (or ticks).
- Remove cap of Tick Tox® and practice controlling duration of a squirt. Check here to see just how little Tick Tox® kills a big tick.
- Mask skin with the Tick Tox® “bookmask” and warn the tick’s victim that it may sting!
- Aim nozzle at the tick taking great care to not touch the tick.
- Spray Tick Tox® for short as possible – less than 1 second is plenty – do not over-use.
- Tick is now dead. Dab (or better) spray the bite site with antiseptic.
- WAIT for a minimum of 10 minutes or so. During this time the jaws release –NOTE : the Australian paralysis tick Ixodes holocyclus has the longest jaws of all known tick. Sometimes these massive jaws take a long time to release. Be patient and NEVER squeeze the tick with blunt tweezers – even when it has been snap frozen and killed with Tick Tox.
- Brush dead tick away.
- Dab some more antiseptic on the bite site.
- See a doctor if any disturbing symptoms occur in next few days – for example appearance of a ring around the bite site.