Disposable CPR Face Shields are a safe, hygienic and are used to perform potentially lifesaving mouth to mouth resuscitation in emergency situations where a casualty is unresponsive and not breathing. They have a one way no backflow valve which enables air to sufficiently flow to the patient without the risk of it returning and cross contaminating. They can be used on adults and children.
This disposable CPR face shield is made from tough vinyl and prevents the risk of transmitting bodily fluids such as saliva, blood, and vomit.
- If someone is unconscious and not breathing it is essential that you call 000 for help.
- Remove the CPR Face Shield from the plastic packaging and place it over the casualties face.
- To open the airway, slightly tilt the patients head back using the tilt manoeuvre.
- Administer rescue breaths via the one-way valve. Rescue breaths are usually done in conjunction with chest compressions. 2 breaths are to be given after every 30 compressions. Continue performing CPR until help arrives to take over.
- Reduces the risk of transmitting potentially harmful bacteria and infectious diseases from the patient to rescuer and vice versa
- Convenient and easy to use
- Latex free
- Plastic sealed to keep contents safe and streilesterile
- One-way valve stops bodily fluids and vomit from returning up into the filter
- Cost effective
- Easily accessible
- Cost effective
- Protects the responder whilst performing lifesaving CPR
Used often in emergency situations for victims of sudden cardiac arrest and those who are not breathing and unresponsive. Even second counts and having a CPR Face Shield on hand enables the rescuer to safely administer CPR without the risk of being in contact with the victims bodily fluids. They are suitable to keep in all types of first aid kits